Posted 22 August 2017
By Zachary Brousseau
RAPS has revealed the names of the six outstanding senior regulatory professionals who will join the elite group of RAPS Fellows this year. They will be recognized during the opening plenary session of the RAPS Regulatory Convergence conference at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center at National Harbor on the Washington, DC, waterfront 9–12 September.
“To be selected as a RAPS Fellow is an honor reserved for senior regulatory professionals who have continuously advanced the profession and served as leaders throughout their careers,” said Fellows Selection Committee Chair Nancy Gertlar, president of Crossroads Consulting. “These six distinguished experts will serve as important resources for knowledge and guidance to RAPS and to the entire global regulatory community.”
The 2017 RAPS Fellows are:
- Kaia Agarwal, MSc, FRAPS, president, Regulatory Compass LLC
- Mark De Rosch, PhD, FRAPS, senior vice president, regulatory affairs, quality assurance, and CMC, Akebia Therapeutics
- Susan Hamann, MS, RAC, MT (ASCP), FRAPS, president, Hamann QR Consulting
- Joel Kent, RAC, FRAPS, manager, regulatory affairs, GE Healthcare
- Darin Oppenheimer, PhD, RAC, FRAPS, executive director, head, Drug Device Center of Excellence, Merck
- Joanne Palmisano, MD, FACP, FRAPS, vice president, regulatory affairs, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc.