The RAPS Fellows program recognizes and honors regulatory professionals who have made significant contributions to the regulatory profession. Candidates for the RAPS Fellow distinction are assessed against established criteria by taking into consideration their work career achievements, and more importantly, their volunteer contributions above and beyond their employment commitments such as educating, training, writing, mentoring, etc., to the benefit of other regulatory professionals. The application process is intended to provide the candidate the opportunity to provide evidence of their contribution and commitment to the continued growth of and evolution of regulatory profession. There is also an expectation that Fellows will continue to make a commitment to the advancement of the profession into the future by continuing to share their knowledge, experience and expertise. The RAPS Fellows application window is open from 21 March 2017 to 25 May 2017.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have a history of dedication to and an interest in continuing to build and shape the future of the profession.
- Have extensive regulatory knowledge and breadth of experience in the profession, including healthcare and related products—medical devices, pharmaceuticals, biologics and nutritional products (minimum 10 years in regulatory)
- Have an active RAPS membership (Note: individuals currently employed at a health authority are excluded from this membership requirement.)
As part of the application process, you'll need to:
- Complete and submit the General Candidate Information Form
- Immediately following, download, complete and submit the Fellows Application Form. Please include all information needed to review your application in the Supplemental Candidate Form.
- Provide your professional CV (Your CV is supplemental information and should not be considered as a replacement or alternative method for completing the Fellows Application Form.)
- Pay $100 application fee (You will receive an email with a link for online payment once your Fellows Application Form has been submitted.)
Any questions about the application process or eligibility the committee will be fielding questions 21 March 2017 to 20 May 2017, please join the discussion here to get answers.
The Fellows Application process involves 4 steps, all of which need to be complete by 25 May 2017:
STEP 1: Complete the General Candidate Information Form
This form asks for general contact information.
STEP 2: Download and Complete the Fellows Application Form.
The Fellows Application Form asks broader questions about your management and leadership experience, contributions to the regulatory profession, regulatory knowledge, educational background, work history, credentials and references. (The Fellows Committee reserves the right to contact your references to verify information supplied in your application.)
STEP 3: Submit and Email Completed Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
In Step 3, you will compile and email your completed application documents Fellows Application Form and CV.
STEP 4: Application Fee
After your materials have been submitted, you will receive a link to pay the $100 application fee. This step must be completed before the 25 May 2017 deadline. You will receive the online payment link in an email after Step 3 has been completed.
RAPS Fellows Application Supplement