Applying to sit for the RAC exam requires a proven investment in regulatory affairs. You must have at least one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least three years of regulatory-related experience*
- A master’s degree and at least two years of regulatory-related experience*
- A doctorate degree and at least one year of regulatory-related experience*
*Regulatory-related experience may include quality assurance, quality control, clinical research, or health product project management.
How can I apply for my RAC?
Get all the information you need to apply for the RAC examination in the RAC Candidate Guide. It is updated regularly to keep you informed of any changes in the examinations.
By paying the RAC exam registration fee, I agree to the following:
- I have read, understood and agree to comply with all policies outlined in the RAC Candidate Guide.
- The information in my RAPS account is complete and accurate.
- I meet all eligibility requirements for the RAC exam, and I authorize RAPS to make any inquiries deemed necessary to verify my credentials.
- I understand that false information may be cause for denial of this application or loss of the RAC credential.
- I allow RAPS to use information from my application and from the examination for the purpose of aggregate statistical analysis, provided that any personal information or identifiers are removed.
- I understand and agree to the policies related to withdrawing from the examination, presented in the Candidate Guide.
- I acknowledge that I have read and understand the tenets outlined in the RAPS Code of Ethics.
Apply Online Apply by Mail or Fax
- RAPS members: $425
- Nonmembers: $525
Assess your Readiness to take the RAC
If you meet the eligibility criteria but are not sure you are ready to apply for the RAC examination, the RAC (US) and RAC (Global) self-assessment tools can help you determine your readiness.
A high score on the self-assessment is not indicative of your
performance on the RAC examination and does not guarantee you will pass
the examination. This self-assessment should be used as a guideline to
assist you in determining your exam readiness, and areas of strength and