This event is sold out. If you would like to register for the Biologics CMC Workshop: Current Trends, Future Trends and Regulatory Challenges in Chicago, click here.
This workshop provides an overview of chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC) regulatory requirements and best practices associated with biologic and biosimilar products, with emphasis on requirements in the US, Europe and other highly regulated regions. The class is designed to orient professionals, managers and scientists responsible for biopharmaceutical CMC development and preparation of dossiers to technical issues that must be addressed in biologic product development and registration. Topics will include biological product characteristics; CMC regulations and guidance applicable to biologics; Quality by Design, adventitious agents risk management; source material, cell & seed banks; upstream and downstream processing, formulation and final product production; characterization and testing; demonstrating comparability.
Registration Closes: 10 April 2019
Refund Deadline: 18 March 2019
RAC Credits: 12 (Upon attending and completing the program)
Will the meeting be recorded? No
Registration to 18 March 2019
RAPS Members: $1050
Registration from 18 March to 10 April 2019
RAPS Members: $1150
NOTE: Advance registration is required for this workshop therefore participants are encouraged to register early. Onsite registrations are not accepted.
Click REGISTER above or use the Mail/Fax In Registration Form linked at the bottom to register by mail, email or fax. A RAPS online account will be created to complete your purchase if you are not a member or previous customer. When mailing your payment, please ensure that you attach a completed registration form.
Wednesday, 17 April (9:00 am – 4:30 pm)
- Types of biologic products (therapeutic proteins, antibodies, drug-antibody conjugates, vaccines, gene therapies, cell-based therapies)
- Biologics/Biosimilars product characteristics and corresponding regulatory implications
- Biologics/Biosimilars CMC regulation and guidance framework
- Clinical phase-appropriate regulatory compliance in the development and establishment of manufacturing and control strategies for biologics and biosimilars
- Cell substrates & source materials, cell banks
- Upstream processing
Thursday, 18 April (9:00 am - 3:00 pm)
- Clinical phase-appropriate regulatory compliance in the development and establishment of manufacturing and control strategies for biologics and biosimilars (continued)
- Downstream processing
- Final product formulation
- Testing & specifications
- Adventitious agents risk management
- Demonstrating comparability & comparability protocols
NOTE: The agenda may vary based on changing requirements.
Patricia Cash, PhD, Independent Biotechnology Consultant, LLC
Joseph Quinn, Biologics Regulatory Consultant
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should:
- Be familiar with various types of biologic products and their structural/functional characteristics
- Understand development phase-appropriate Regulatory Agency expectations associated with biologics and biosimilars characterization, development, production and testing
- Understand best practices in establishing a comprehensive Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Control (CMC) regulatory strategy for application to the lifecycle of biologic and biosimilar products
- Understand Quality by Design principles as they relate to development, manufacturing, characterizations, and testing of biologic products
- Translate an effective biologics CMC strategy into effective regulatory submission content for biologic and biosimilar products
Who Should Attend
This program will benefit early, mid-career, and senior regulatory professionals in CMC working in development, registration and post approval lifecyle management for biologic/biosimilar products. There are no prerequisites for participation.
All requests for cancellation must be received in writing or by calling customer service by 18 March 2019. Supporting documentation is required and must be received by the deadline specified. All refunds are subject to a 20% assessment unless otherwise specified.
Please send your cancellation information, with documentation, specifying the name of the person registered, customer (or member) number and event title via email to email@example.com. Substitutions may be accepted with written approval from RAPS.
Proof of Attendance
RAPS will send an electronic letter or a certificate of attendance upon request.
Call RAPS Solutions Center at +1 301.770.2920, Ext 200
RAPS reserves the right to cancel this program at its sole discretion. RAPS will not be responsible for travel or other costs incurred due to cancellation.
+1 301 770 2920, Ext 291
Hilton Garden Inn Rockville
14975 Shady Grove Road
Rockville, MD 20850
Courtyard by Marriott Rockville
2500 Research Boulevard
Rockville, MD 20850
Radisson Hotel Washington DC - Rockville
3 Research Center
Rockville, MD 20850