A Global Regulatory Gathering in FDA's Backyard
Posted 03 September 2015 | By
If you look at the conference agenda for RAPS’ Regulatory Convergence taking place next month, you might notice some recurring themes. The importance of regulatory strategy, the intersection of regulatory and business and the need to build regulatory capacity and competence will be discussed and thoroughly examined during the Convergence. With more than 100 sessions and more than 300 speakers, the Convergence promises to cover a wide range of regulatory topics, delving deep into the issues regulatory professionals and regulators are grappling with every day.
It’s all about regulatory, and that is the point. Regulatory isn't just another topic at RAPS’ Regulatory Convergence. The entire event is focused on probing important regulatory issues, not simply skimming the surface. While there are a number of conferences and events that touch on regulatory topics, the Convergence is completely dedicated to the needs and interests of the global regulatory community.
This year’s event will be held in Baltimore, not far from the US Food and Drug Administration’s headquarters in Silver Spring, MD, and RAPS is very pleased to have Acting FDA Commissioner Stephen Ostroff participating as a keynote speaker and panelist. In addition, 20–25 FDA officials are expected to participate in total.
The Convergence also will bring together regulatory professionals, experts and agency representatives from all over the world to participate as speakers, presenters and attendees. The agenda includes representatives from at least 22 global agencies and organizations, including:
- European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- China National Center for Food Safety Risk Assessment
- Austrian Medicines and Medical Devices Agency (AGES PharmMed)
- Brazilian Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA)
- Ministry of Health (Brazil)
- China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA)
- Federal Commission for the Protection against Sanitary Risk (COFEPRIS)
- Health Canada
- Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI)
- Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
- Ministry of Foods and Drug Safety, Korea (MFDS)
- Ministry of Health, Peru (DIGEMID)
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Paul-Ehrlich-Institut (PEI)
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency, Japan (PMDA)
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japan (MHLW)
- Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare (Chinese Taipei)
- FDA Thailand
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
To see the full conference agenda, get more information or register for the 2015 Regulatory Convergence, visit RAPS.org/convergence.
Related ArticlesActing FDA Commissioner Stephen Ostroff to Speak at RAPS' Regulatory Convergence10 Ways to Get the Most From RAPS' Regulatory Convergence7 Things to Love About the Regulatory Convergence