Board of Directors Nomination Process
RAPS is seeking qualified individuals to serve on the RAPS Board of Directors for the 2019-2021 term. This is an opportunity to lead the premier global organization for regulatory professionals and to help shape the future of the regulatory profession. The Board is the strategic governing and policy body of RAPS. Members of the Board are instrumental in identifying opportunities to advance the profession as well as continually improve and expand association programs and services that support the profession worldwide.
This opportunity is open to all voting members in good standing. Associate and student members are not eligible to apply.
2019-2021 Board Position Openings
- President Elect (one open position)
- Directors (three open positions)
For additional information, please visit Board of Directors Position Descriptions and Duties.
Timeline for Nomination Process
The general process and timeline for the 2018 nomination process are:
- Call for applications open to all voting members: 5 February – 30 March 2018
- Nominations Committee review: April 2018
- Nominations Committee announces slate: June 2018*
How to Submit a Nomination
Potential nominees must be full members in good standing. Self-nominations are encouraged. Nominees must complete and submit the following materials by 30 March 2018:
- Review below criteria used for the selection of board of directors candidates
- Nomination Form
- Submit completed nomination form and resume or abbreviated curriculum vitae to email@example.com
- Email at least two letters of support of the nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Letters do not need to be attached to the nomination but must be received by 30 March 2018. Letters should address the candidate’s professional leadership experience and abilities, ability to serve as a director and ambassador for RAPS, and the candidate’s ability to engage in collegial, strategic discussion and debate.)
Criteria Used for the Selection of Board of Directors Candidates
In reviewing candidates, the RAPS nominations committee will consider:
- Leadership and experience in the regulatory profession, including multinational work.
- Involvement with and service to RAPS.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to envision opportunities for the profession globally.
- Positive leadership attributes and the ability to work collaboratively and engage in debate and discussion.
- Commitment to participate in three to four meetings per year and to engage in regular review of monthly updates.
- Ability to represent RAPS as an ambassador with agencies and other organizations.
* Additional eligible candidates may be submitted by active voting members by submitting nomination materials plus written support of one hundred (100) active and life RAPS members in good standing within thirty (30) days after the nominations committee presents its slate of candidates to membership. If additional qualified nominees are submitted, then electronic voting will be conducted.