The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is looking for a business development associate
to join its talented team! The ideal candidate will be responsible for the sales of RAPS’ full product portfolio to regulatory professionals and their organizations. The sales associate will be primarily responsible for generating business from small-to-mid-sized accounts in the Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical and Bio sectors with an assigned territory of North America and Europe.
Associate will be assigned a portfolio of existing accounts and will be responsible for converting existing opportunities in the pipeline while working closely with the marketing team to identify new opportunities. This position reports to the senior director, business development.
Business Development Associate (Full-Time)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Rigorously pursue all sales leads (by phone, email or other means) to meet your quota Proactively asses, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- Articulate and position full portfolio of RAPS products and services to key decision makers
- Maintain knowledge of portfolio of products offered by RAPS
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop and execute strategies and plans for lead generation, lead qualification and opportunity development
- Maintain sales reporting in accordance with RAPS requirements
- Stay informed on industry changes and continually work to improve sales techniques and knowledge
- Provide administrative support, whatever is needed, including handling invoicing, renewal processes, and updating client records to allow to focus on client activities and revenue generation
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Technical Experience
- Motivated by meeting or exceeding your sales quota
- Enjoy business development and sales
- Passionate about data integrity and making sure our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is overflowing with rich client data to support revenue generation
- Client-focused, service-oriented, and articulate in all communications
- A team player that can also lead projects independently
- Proficient in MS Office computer applications; Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Understand basic budget and financial processes
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor's degree required
Please submit cover letter, including salary requirement, along with your resume to:
Denise K. Baylor, PHR
Director, Human Resources
301-770-2920, ext. 236