The Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society (RAPS) is looking for an eLearning Specialist
to join its talented team! The ideal candidate works within a team environment to support tasks and processes related to webcasts, virtual programs, and other online learning efforts in the education and professional development department. The eLearning Specialist assists the Manager, Virtual Learning and Design, with the day-to-day processes involved with execution of RAPS’ webcasts and virtual programs, including, but not limited to, interfacing with subject matter experts (volunteers and contractors), internal staff (membership, online university, marketing and business development) and existing and potential customers. The position is also the lead for the chapter webcast program.
This job is for you if you:
- possess excellent problem-solving skills and ability to research and discover creative or technical solutions to business challenges
- thrive in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple projects simultaneously
- work effectively under tight and changing priorities, scopes and deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality and on-time completion
- have a keen eye for design and attention to detail
- are a self-starter capable of proactively working with a self-directed team
eLearning Specialist (Full-Time)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and facilitate RAPS’ chapter webcasts, including speaker management, hosting of live webcasts, management of recorded content, customer satisfaction, and ownership of webcast delivery
- Create new content and curate existing content for the Member Knowledge Center
- Assist Manager, Virtual Learning and Design, on RAPS sponsored webcasts
- Assist with coordination and execution of virtual programs
- When possible, assist design and development of asynchronous online classes
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Provide exceptional internal and external customer service
- Oversee course design standards and creative development for courseware and related initiatives
- Participate in the testing process of de-bugging e-learning products for quality assurance of the course
- Generate wrap-up reports for all webcasts and distribute to key stakeholders
- Assist Education managers on other eLearning programs and initiatives.
- Support organization-wide, cross-functional projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Skills/Technical Experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in communications, educational technology, instructional design, media studies or a related field
- Experience working with webcast platforms and/or hosting/moderating live webcasts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at one time and to hold individuals accountable to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, along with follow up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and to the client specifications
- Proficient in MS Office computer applications; Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of HTML, multimedia and other web tools a plus.
- Customer experience focused mindset.
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Bachelor's degree required
Please submit cover letter, including salary requirement, along with your resume to:
Denise K. Baylor, PHR
Director, Human Resources
301-770-2920, ext. 236