RAPS 2019 Board of Directors Begins Term; Don Boyer Takes Helm as Chair
Posted 18 January 2019 | By
RAPS welcomed its 2019 board of directors, which officially began its term on 1 January. Don Boyer, a former top Health Canada official who is now a private regulatory consultant, takes over as chairman.
“I am honored to serve as chairman of the RAPS board of directors,” said Boyer. “Throughout its history, RAPS has been instrumental in not only helping regulatory professionals do their jobs better, but also in driving awareness of the critical role the regulatory profession plays in making healthcare products safe, effective and available. My vision for RAPS includes continuing its evolution as a truly international organization in support of regulatory professionals everywhere, and being the premier organization for regulatory education and training.”
Glenn N. Byrd, senior director, promotional regulatory affairs at AstraZeneca steps into the role of board president; Gert Bos, executive director and partner with Qserve Group, becomes president-elect; and Salma Michor of Michor Consulting e.U, continues to serve as treasurer. Two new directors, Carol Cooper, founder and principal of CM Cooper and Associates; and Diana K. Salditt, senior director, regulatory advocacy and policy, Medtronic, also have joined the board.
Nominations for RAPS board openings for the 2020–2022 term will open 1 March. Nominations and supporting materials will be due 29 March. More information on the nomination process will be available in the coming weeks.
The complete list of the 2019 RAPS board officers and directors
Chairman of the Board
- Don Boyer, BSc, RAC, FRAPS, owner and president, BOYER@RegulatorySolns
- Glenn N. Byrd, MBA, RAC, senior director, promotional regulatory affairs, AstraZeneca
- Gert Bos, PhD, FRAPS, executive director and partner, Qserve Group
- Salma Michor, PhD, MSc, MBA, CMgr, RAC, founder and CEO of Michor Consulting e.U
- Paul Brooks, executive director, RAPS
- David E. Chadwick, PhD, RAC, FRAPS, director of regulatory affairs and regulatory science, Cook Inc.
- Carol Cooper, MS, IM(ASCP), RM(AAM), founder and principal of CM Cooper and Associates
- Raina Dauria, MS, RAC, vice president of regulatory affairs, Ethicon Biosurgery
- Jethro Ekuta, DVM, PhD, RAC, FRAPS, senior vice president, global head of regulatory, safety and standards, Horizon Pharma
- Laila Gurney, MSc, RAC, head of global regulatory affairs, GE Healthcare
- Michael Morton, RAC, FRAPS, principal consultant, Michael C. Morton Regulatory Consulting LLC
- Diana K. Salditt, FRAPS, senior director, regulatory advocacy and policy, Medtronic
- Nancy Singer, JD, LLM, RAC, FRAPS, founder, Compliance-Alliance LLC
- Susan Stewart, JD, RAC, FRAPS, president, Stewart Regulatory Consulting LLC